- 02/04/15SignedOhio State(Football)
- 12/13/14VisitOhio State(Football)
- 12/10/14CommittedOhio State(Football)
- 07/26/14OfferSouthern California(Football)
- 06/21/14OfferUniversity of Miami(Football)
- 04/05/14VisitOhio State(Football)
- 12/04/13VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 12/04/13OfferNorth Carolina State(Football)
- 10/19/13VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 04/23/13OfferOhio State(Football)
- 01/30/13OfferMichigan State(Football)
- Ann Arbor Skyline 2021 S/WR Jordan Wilson is visiting Findlay on 07...
- West Bloomfield 2023 OT Amir Herring was offered by Michigan
- Godwin Heights 2021 DE/OT Ru’Quan Buckley was offered by Arkansas
- Romulus 2021 S/WR Christian Chambers is visiting Southwest Minnesot...
- Schoolcraft 2021 QB/CB Alex Thole was offered by Tiffin
Weber runs wild on Warren Mott, plans to visit other schools
DETROIT - The key to stopping Cass Tech (10-0), is to slow down No.25, Mike Weber. The hard part actually being able to do it. Warren Mott wasn't able to, as the 5-10, 215-pound senior rushed for 225 yards, and four touchdowns, in a 26-7 win. His first carry of the game was for negative nine yards, but from there on out, he was impossible to stop.
"I was feeling good," Weber laughed. "My line was blocking good, and they were the reason I was able to score four touchdowns. This game was really cool."
Weber was so good on the day, that if he had not have played the in the second half, he still would have had over 130 yards rushing, and three scores. He was patient, and his combination of speed and power, was displayed on just about every run he had. His largest chunk of yardage on the day, came on a spectacular 86-yard run, which you had to be there to see. Weber broke loose by running over the first tackler, then dragging another with him, until he was finally brought down at the Mott 2-yard line. Two plays later, he scored to give Cass Tech a 26-0 lead with 10:27 to go.
"I knew I had the open space, and I could small a big play coming," Weber said. "I hit the whole, and I did what I do best, and what I've been taught all year."
Weber knows he is good, and doesn't really get too excited on plays like that, or at least he doesn't let it show. He's all about business, and it looking forward to next week at Dearborn Fordson. Cass Tech knocked the Tractors out of the state playoffs in 2009, 2010, and 2011, so the two programs are very familiar with each other. Fordson was actually at the game watching Weber run wild, preparing for what they might face themselves.
"Today's win was really big for us," said Weber. "We set the tone for the remaining games we need to win it all, and Fordson (10-0) is a really good team. We are going to go to the table, practice hard all week, and hopefully we can come out with the win.
"I'm looking forward to playing them. They are undefeated. We are undefeated. So we are just going to come out and play Cass Tech football."
Weber is committed to Michigan, but that verbal to the Wolverines isn't so solid anymore. The Maize and Blue have struggled as of late, and the program is a complete mess. Dave Brandon, Michigan's former athletic director, resigned on yesterday, and if head coach Brady Hoke leaves, so could Weber. He does plan to weigh all of his options, forcing Michigan to put the full court press on him, if they want to keep him.
"My recruitment is going good, and I do plan on taking all five of my official visits," Weber said. "Right now, I don't know if the head coach will still be there (at Michigan), so I'm going to see what else is out there, and see what happens next."
- Recruiting Activity
- 04/25/2019Michigan High School Graduates who will be Drafted or sign UDFA Deals this week (Story)
- 03/01/2019Cass Tech/Ohio State RB Mike Weber runs a 4.48 and 4.49 at NFL Combine (Story)
- 02/27/2019Cass Tech / Ohio State RB Mike Weber measurements from 2019 NFL Combine
- 02/07/20195 Michigan HS grads invited to 2019 NFL Combine (Story)
- 01/01/2019Cass Tech 2015 RB Mike Weber had 15 carries for 96 yards in Ohio State's bowl game win
- 12/16/2018Ex-Cass Tech RB Mike Weber has declared for the NFL Draft
- 09/01/2018Former Cass Tech RB Mike Weber scores 4 TD's in Ohio State's week 1 game (Story)
- 07/10/2017Cass Tech / Ohio State RB Mike Weber selected for 2017 Maxwell Award Watchlist
- 05/14/2017Former Cass Tech RB Mike Weber ranked as 1 of College Football's Top 50 Players in 2017
- 02/07/2015Wilcher furious with Urban Meyer for being dishonest with Mike Weber
- 12/10/2014Mike Weber discusses commitment to Ohio State
- 11/22/2014Saline Knocks Out Cass Tech in D1 Heavyweight Semi-Final, 30-15
- 11/01/2014Weber runs wild on Warren Mott, plans to visit other schools
- 10/29/2014Cass Tech RB Mike Weber, Week 9 Player of the Week Presented by Varsity Nation
- 10/20/2014No shortage of talent once again in PSL title game between Cass Tech and King
- 10/04/2014Cass Tech escapes with a 21-16 win over East English Village Prep
- 09/20/2014Distractions or not, Detroit Cass Tech is still 4-0
- 08/30/2014Weber and Cass Tech outduel Kelly and Oak Park
- 08/19/2014Daryl Graham of Developing Great Athletes provides evaluations on some of his upcoming players
- 08/06/2014Cass Tech coach talks about what Mike Weber brings to Michigan
- 05/27/2014Michigan and Ohio State misspell key words trying to impress Mike Weber
- 05/01/2014Post-season follow-up with RB Coach, Daryl Graham
- 03/06/2014Cass Tech 2015 RB Mike Weber receives his 10th offer from Purdue University
- 11/16/2013A tale of two halves, Cass Tech uses dominant 2nd half to win Regions over Dakota 32-17
- 09/06/2013Mike Weber and John Kelly, Two Runningbacks that go Pound for Pound with one another
- 08/31/2013Webb and Weber lead Cass Tech past Southfield
- 02/19/2013Interview with 2015 RB Mike Weber