- 02/04/15SignedOhio State(Football)
- 12/13/14VisitOhio State(Football)
- 12/10/14CommittedOhio State(Football)
- 07/26/14OfferSouthern California(Football)
- 06/21/14OfferUniversity of Miami(Football)
- 04/05/14VisitOhio State(Football)
- 12/04/13VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 12/04/13OfferNorth Carolina State(Football)
- 10/19/13VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 04/23/13OfferOhio State(Football)
- 01/30/13OfferMichigan State(Football)
- Cranbrook-Kingswood 2020 DE/OLB William Kerr received a roster spot...
- Detroit Catholic Central 2020 OLB/S/WR Easton St Clair is visiting ...
- Cranbrook-Kingswood 2020 OT Nathan Frankel was offered by Culver-St...
- Cranbrook-Kingswood 2020 OT Nathan Frankel received a roster spot f...
- Grand Haven 2020 OLB/RB Austin Broemer is visiting Hope on 07/17/2019
Michigan and Ohio State misspell key words trying to impress Mike Weber
Over the past week, 2015 Cass Tech running back Mike Weber has been subject to Michigan and Ohio State recruiting pitches
Last week, Weber made national headlines when he tweeted the ‘ESPN The Magazine’ headline with his picture on it with “Michigan’s All-Amercian RB Mike Weber,” with American spelled incorrectly.
Today, Weber tweeted a fake ‘Sports Illustrated’ “Born Winner Ready To
Despite what fans of both teams might think, the misspellings of seemingly simple words won’t play any role in Weber’s eventual college decision; and he wants to make sure both fanbases understand it.
“Really my opinion on it is it really isn’t a big deal. I know people make mistakes. It was kind of ironic, but it isn’t something to blow out of proportion,” Weber (5-foot-10, 200-pounds) said today in an interview with The D Zone.
“It’s just a simple mistake we make now and then. It doesn’t
For fans, this is just another excuse to get to tweet at a highly regarded recruit such as Weber. He enjoys the process and relishes the respect from fans. But, doesn’t appreciate the way fans are blowing a couple of misspellings out of proportion.
After all, would you let it sway your decision if you were in his shoes? I know I wouldn’t and you wouldn’t either. So let him go back to his junior year of high school.
At the end of the day, a couple of misspellings won’t influence Weber against a particular school. But as far as recruiting is concerned, isn’t a few mistakes like
“It’s just getting crazy. I just enjoy the entertainment. It’s a part of the recruiting process,” Weber recently told The D Zone.
- Recruiting Activity
- 04/25/2019Michigan High School Graduates who will be Drafted or sign UDFA Deals this week (Story)
- 03/01/2019Cass Tech/Ohio State RB Mike Weber runs a 4.48 and 4.49 at NFL Combine (Story)
- 02/27/2019Cass Tech / Ohio State RB Mike Weber measurements from 2019 NFL Combine
- 02/07/20195 Michigan HS grads invited to 2019 NFL Combine (Story)
- 01/01/2019Cass Tech 2015 RB Mike Weber had 15 carries for 96 yards in Ohio State's bowl game win
- 12/16/2018Ex-Cass Tech RB Mike Weber has declared for the NFL Draft
- 09/01/2018Former Cass Tech RB Mike Weber scores 4 TD's in Ohio State's week 1 game (Story)
- 07/10/2017Cass Tech / Ohio State RB Mike Weber selected for 2017 Maxwell Award Watchlist
- 05/14/2017Former Cass Tech RB Mike Weber ranked as 1 of College Football's Top 50 Players in 2017
- 02/07/2015Wilcher furious with Urban Meyer for being dishonest with Mike Weber
- 12/10/2014Mike Weber discusses commitment to Ohio State
- 11/22/2014Saline Knocks Out Cass Tech in D1 Heavyweight Semi-Final, 30-15
- 11/01/2014Weber runs wild on Warren Mott, plans to visit other schools
- 10/29/2014Cass Tech RB Mike Weber, Week 9 Player of the Week Presented by Varsity Nation
- 10/20/2014No shortage of talent once again in PSL title game between Cass Tech and King
- 10/04/2014Cass Tech escapes with a 21-16 win over East English Village Prep
- 09/20/2014Distractions or not, Detroit Cass Tech is still 4-0
- 08/30/2014Weber and Cass Tech outduel Kelly and Oak Park
- 08/19/2014Daryl Graham of Developing Great Athletes provides evaluations on some of his upcoming players
- 08/06/2014Cass Tech coach talks about what Mike Weber brings to Michigan
- 05/27/2014Michigan and Ohio State misspell key words trying to impress Mike Weber
- 05/01/2014Post-season follow-up with RB Coach, Daryl Graham
- 03/06/2014Cass Tech 2015 RB Mike Weber receives his 10th offer from Purdue University
- 11/16/2013A tale of two halves, Cass Tech uses dominant 2nd half to win Regions over Dakota 32-17
- 09/06/2013Mike Weber and John Kelly, Two Runningbacks that go Pound for Pound with one another
- 08/31/2013Webb and Weber lead Cass Tech past Southfield
- 02/19/2013Interview with 2015 RB Mike Weber