- 02/04/15SignedOhio State(Football)
- 12/13/14VisitOhio State(Football)
- 12/10/14CommittedOhio State(Football)
- 07/26/14OfferSouthern California(Football)
- 04/05/14VisitOhio State(Football)
- 12/04/13VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 12/04/13OfferNorth Carolina State(Football)
- 10/19/13VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 04/23/13OfferOhio State(Football)
- 01/30/13OfferMichigan State(Football)
- Birmingham Groves 2025 OT/DE Avery Gach was offered by Vanderbilt
- Birmingham Groves 2025 OT/DE Avery Gach is visiting Vanderbilt on 0...
- Birmingham Groves 2025 OT/DE Avery Gach is visiting Michigan State ...
- Cass Tech 2025 CB/S Cashus Shivers was offered by Marshall
- Eisenhower 2024 OLB/WR/P/TE Cody Raymond is visiting Western Michig...
Saline Knocks Out Cass Tech in D1 Heavyweight Semi-Final, 30-15
It's the game on the bracket everyone in
Saline and Cass Tech entered this Heavyweight battle with as much momentum as possible, Cass Tech defeated Chippewa Valley and Saline defeated Canton the previous week. Cass Tech entered the game on a perfect 12-0 streak and Saline had won their previous 11 games after losing their opening game vs. Mona Shores.
For The D Zone's preseason rankings, both Cass Tech and Saline were highly thought of. Cass Tech was ranked #3 and Saline was #4. Both teams more than proved their rankings leading up to this battle.
To start the game it was Saline who immediately made their intentions of what they would do to the previously committed Michigan RB, Mike Weber who tore through Chippewa Valley the previous week for 404 yards and 5 touchdowns. Saline quickly forced a 3 and out, stopping Weber in hordes of Hornets and the punt was muffed and Saline took over at the Cass Tech 30 yard line. Cass replied back with their stout defense forcing a 3 and out and a
The 1st quarter would be back and forth as would the 2nd
Like a true heavyweight fight, Saline would return the punch. Aided by some pinpoint throws by 2016 QB Josh Jackson, Saline quickly got
It would not last that long though as Cass Tech was quickly forced to punt, following a high snap on 3rd down that Hall had to fall on, the snap was low and Saline would get the ball in the red zone. They couldn't translate the momentum into a touchdown but a
Cass Tech got into
Saline would start the 2nd half with the ball and 2015 DB Tyrone Miller fielded the kickoff, burst upfield and cruised through the Cass Tech coverage team to give Saline a huge 17-7 lead. Before people could sit down they were in awe
Saline would come up with another huge stop on Weber and Cass Tech as they pushed him out of bounds a yard shy of the marker on 4th down. The previous play was a
Cass Tech would quickly put
Just as quickly as Saline had Cass Tech 6 feet deep, Cass Tech turned the tables with a
Cass Tech nearly flipped the tables completely on Saline when the kickoff was bouncing towards the end zone when a Saline player touched the ball at the goal line and was hit into the end zone. Cass Tech recovered the ball. It was initially ruled a touchdown but a calm, Coach Joe Palka on the Saline sideline echoed the rule to the sideline referee, who went in to have a discussion with the other referees before it was ruled a touchback.
According to the National Federation of State High School Association which is the body that writes the rules of competition for most high school sports and activities in the United States. It was a touchback for this reason as published in the rule book, "It is a touchback when: A fumble is the force, or a muff or bat of a backward pass or a fumble after either has touched the ground is
Saline about wrapped up the game a few players later on their own
Saline will meet Clarkston at 1pm on Saturday, 11/29.
Mike Weber had 40 carries this week and was held under 150 yards and after having 32 carries the previous week for over 400 yards. It was simple, the Saline defense was extremely zeroed in on Weber and schemed to perfection, hardily was Weber one on one with a defender. When he was one on one, he was hit squarely and tackled.
Both Offensive Line's were phenomenal as the QB's
Both young QB's did all they could to lead their team to wins. Josh Jackson made all the throws and had few rushing yards but still was able seemingly
- Recruiting Activity
- 07/21/2021Mike Weber signs with the New York Giants
- 08/27/2020Cass Tech grad Mike Weber has workout/visit with Seahawks
- 04/25/2019Michigan High School Graduates who will be Drafted or sign UDFA Deals this week (Story)
- 03/01/2019Cass Tech/Ohio State RB Mike Weber runs a 4.48 and 4.49 at NFL Combine (Story)
- 02/27/2019Cass Tech / Ohio State RB Mike Weber measurements from 2019 NFL Combine
- 02/07/20195 Michigan HS grads invited to 2019 NFL Combine (Story)
- 01/01/2019Cass Tech 2015 RB Mike Weber had 15 carries for 96 yards in Ohio State's bowl game win
- 12/16/2018Ex-Cass Tech RB Mike Weber has declared for the NFL Draft
- 09/01/2018Former Cass Tech RB Mike Weber scores 4 TD's in Ohio State's week 1 game (Story)
- 07/10/2017Cass Tech / Ohio State RB Mike Weber selected for 2017 Maxwell Award Watchlist
- 05/14/2017Former Cass Tech RB Mike Weber ranked as 1 of College Football's Top 50 Players in 2017
- 02/07/2015Wilcher furious with Urban Meyer for being dishonest with Mike Weber
- 12/10/2014Mike Weber discusses commitment to Ohio State
- 11/22/2014Saline Knocks Out Cass Tech in D1 Heavyweight Semi-Final, 30-15
- 11/01/2014Weber runs wild on Warren Mott, plans to visit other schools
- 10/29/2014Cass Tech RB Mike Weber, Week 9 Player of the Week Presented by Varsity Nation
- 10/20/2014No shortage of talent once again in PSL title game between Cass Tech and King
- 10/04/2014Cass Tech escapes with a 21-16 win over East English Village Prep
- 09/20/2014Distractions or not, Detroit Cass Tech is still 4-0
- 08/30/2014Weber and Cass Tech outduel Kelly and Oak Park
- 08/19/2014Daryl Graham of Developing Great Athletes provides evaluations on some of his upcoming players
- 08/06/2014Cass Tech coach talks about what Mike Weber brings to Michigan
- 05/27/2014Michigan and Ohio State misspell key words trying to impress Mike Weber
- 05/01/2014Post-season follow-up with RB Coach, Daryl Graham
- 03/06/2014Cass Tech 2015 RB Mike Weber receives his 10th offer from Purdue University
- 11/16/2013A tale of two halves, Cass Tech uses dominant 2nd half to win Regions over Dakota 32-17
- 09/06/2013Mike Weber and John Kelly, Two Runningbacks that go Pound for Pound with one another
- 08/31/2013Webb and Weber lead Cass Tech past Southfield
- 02/19/2013Interview with 2015 RB Mike Weber
- VideosPublished 12/31/2021 by Jeff Corrion