- 02/04/15SignedOhio State(Football)
- 12/13/14VisitOhio State(Football)
- 12/10/14CommittedOhio State(Football)
- 07/26/14OfferSouthern California(Football)
- 04/05/14VisitOhio State(Football)
- 12/04/13VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 12/04/13OfferNorth Carolina State(Football)
- 10/19/13VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 04/23/13OfferOhio State(Football)
- 01/30/13OfferMichigan State(Football)
- Mount Pleasant 2024 OT/DE Andrew Dennis was offered by Western Mich...
- Livonia Churchill 2023 S/WR Dylan Wilczynski was offered by Siena H...
- Livonia Churchill 2023 OC/DT/OG Caleb Lebar was offered by Siena He...
- Redford Union 2023 QB Cory Chavis received a roster spot from Carleton
- Livonia Franklin 2023 QB JD Bates received a roster spot from Kalam...
Interview with 2015 RB Mike Weber
Earlier this month on National Signing Day,Detroit Cass Tech had 12 players sign college letters of intent to various Division 1 and Division 2 schools. Three players will be at Michigan this fall (OL David Dawson, DB/WR Jourdan Lewis, and DB Delano Hill),while three others have signed with Notre Dame College (K Kenneth Snapp, DB Kendall English and DB Erron Enoex). The remaining six have signed with the likes of Toledo, Michigan State, North Carolina State,Eastern Michigan, Northwood and Northern Michigan respectively.
With that large amount of players transitioning from any program at any level,you would think the talent level would take a bit of a dip;but not at Cass Tech. They just continue to reload,and put some of the best talent Michigan has to offer out on the field. Their 2014 class is loaded also,with Ohio State commit Damon Webb headlining it,and their 2015 class is special too. QB Jayru Campbell is the star of that class,but RB Mike Weber's name is blowing up.
Weber exploded onto the scene this past season due to injuries to other backs,and has made the best of his opportunities. Cass Tech recently won it's second consecutive Division 1 State title in November,and Weber played a huge part in that. After not playing in the first title game,he rushed for 186 yards on 20 carries in a 36-21 win over Catholic Central.
Only a sophomore,Weber holds offer from Michigan,Michigan State,Syracuse and Illinois,and you can be sure that many more are headed his way. He was able to talk to me about how his recruitment has fared and what the future holds for him.
Poistion(s): RB Height: 5'10" Weight: 205
First high school game ever played?: "It was against Brother Rice on my birthday last year August 25th".
Most memorable high school game ever played: "The Saline game in the state playoffs,I rushed for over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns".
Pre-game rituals: "Pre-game rituals that I do,is when the team leaves out of the locker room,I stay and talk to my uncle that passed away. He also was my coach,and I just tell him what I'm going to do in the game and it seems to work".
Athlete you model your game after: "Adrian Peterson and Trent Richardson".
Branden Hunter - Talk about what all offers you hold and what other schools are showing interest in you.
Mike Weber - "Michigan,Michigan State,Illinois and Syracuse have offered me,and Florida and Ohio State are soon to offer me. Penn State,Notre Dame,LSU,USC and Alabama are showing interest".
BH - What upcoming visits and camps do you have scheduled?
MW - "I just recently visited Michigan State and Michigan,and Ohio State is on the 24th of this month".
BH - Do you have an early favorite,or will you just continue to weigh your options and enjoy the whole process?
MW - "No,I am just enjoying the process".
BH - You recently just took a visit to Michigan,talk about how that visit went and your reaction to your offer from them earlier this year.
MW - "It was really nice,I enjoyed myself. I was really unaware and very excited when I got the offer. It felt good getting another offer from one of the biggest schools,and getting it as a sophomore,that says a lot. Michigan is a really good program,and they win on the field and in the classroom".
BH - Have you had the opportunity to speak with Michigan running backs coach Fred Jackson?
MW - "The only thing he really said to me was to visit the school,and that he liked my style of running".
BH - Michigan has brought in a strong offensive line class for 2013,does that your interest in the program for when you finally commit,knowing that those guys may still be there?
MW - Yes,because having a really good line can help any running back".
BH - Cass Tech has a crowded and talented backfield with you Gary Hosey and Deon Drake sharing the load,so how have you been able to shine above those two at that position?
MW - I just made the best of my carries when I got the ball,and I just simply take it to the house (laughs)".
BH - What do you want to accomplish at Cass Tech before your senior year?
MW - I want to rush for over 2,000 yards in a single season,and make it to the All-American game".
- Recruiting Activity
- 07/21/2021Mike Weber signs with the New York Giants
- 08/27/2020Cass Tech grad Mike Weber has workout/visit with Seahawks
- 04/25/2019Michigan High School Graduates who will be Drafted or sign UDFA Deals this week (Story)
- 03/01/2019Cass Tech/Ohio State RB Mike Weber runs a 4.48 and 4.49 at NFL Combine (Story)
- 02/27/2019Cass Tech / Ohio State RB Mike Weber measurements from 2019 NFL Combine
- 02/07/20195 Michigan HS grads invited to 2019 NFL Combine (Story)
- 01/01/2019Cass Tech 2015 RB Mike Weber had 15 carries for 96 yards in Ohio State's bowl game win
- 12/16/2018Ex-Cass Tech RB Mike Weber has declared for the NFL Draft
- 09/01/2018Former Cass Tech RB Mike Weber scores 4 TD's in Ohio State's week 1 game (Story)
- 07/10/2017Cass Tech / Ohio State RB Mike Weber selected for 2017 Maxwell Award Watchlist
- 05/14/2017Former Cass Tech RB Mike Weber ranked as 1 of College Football's Top 50 Players in 2017
- 02/07/2015Wilcher furious with Urban Meyer for being dishonest with Mike Weber
- 12/10/2014Mike Weber discusses commitment to Ohio State
- 11/22/2014Saline Knocks Out Cass Tech in D1 Heavyweight Semi-Final, 30-15
- 11/01/2014Weber runs wild on Warren Mott, plans to visit other schools
- 10/29/2014Cass Tech RB Mike Weber, Week 9 Player of the Week Presented by Varsity Nation
- 10/20/2014No shortage of talent once again in PSL title game between Cass Tech and King
- 10/04/2014Cass Tech escapes with a 21-16 win over East English Village Prep
- 09/20/2014Distractions or not, Detroit Cass Tech is still 4-0
- 08/30/2014Weber and Cass Tech outduel Kelly and Oak Park
- 08/19/2014Daryl Graham of Developing Great Athletes provides evaluations on some of his upcoming players
- 08/06/2014Cass Tech coach talks about what Mike Weber brings to Michigan
- 05/27/2014Michigan and Ohio State misspell key words trying to impress Mike Weber
- 05/01/2014Post-season follow-up with RB Coach, Daryl Graham
- 03/06/2014Cass Tech 2015 RB Mike Weber receives his 10th offer from Purdue University
- 11/16/2013A tale of two halves, Cass Tech uses dominant 2nd half to win Regions over Dakota 32-17
- 09/06/2013Mike Weber and John Kelly, Two Runningbacks that go Pound for Pound with one another
- 08/31/2013Webb and Weber lead Cass Tech past Southfield
- 02/19/2013Interview with 2015 RB Mike Weber
- VideosPublished 12/31/2021 by Jeff Corrion