- Byron Center 2021 MLB Austin Roon has committed to Syracuse
- Romulus 2021 S/WR Christian Chambers received a roster spot from No...
- Traverse City Central 2021 RB/S/LS Austin Bills was offered by Valp...
- Petoskey 2021 RB/WR Brody Woods was offered by Valparaiso University
- Stoney Creek 2021 DT/OG Kevarr Ellis was offered by Lake Erie College
Nothing Clarkston RB Josh Cantu can't do in 28-0 win over Davison in District Final
The Clarkston Wolves entered Saturday nights game at Davison with a lot of momentum running the ball and they maintained that dominance on Saturday. For the 2nd week Clarkston has had brutal conditions and still has been dominant, outscoring Davison and Grand Blanc by the combined score of 65-7.
On this night, Clarkston drew Davison offsides on the first play from scrimmage, on the next play Clarkston 2018 RB Josh Cantu set the tone with a tough run into Davison territory and shortly after rushed for a 30 yard touchdown run.
The Senior RB continued to pound Davison up the gut and every way imaginable. Cantu finished with 3 rushing touchdowns and picked up a loose ball at the 3 yard line for a touchdown. Cantu finished with 258 rushing yards.
This game was the last high school game of Senior RB Tariq Reid of Davison who was kept in check by Clarkston. Reid had an incredible 2 years at Davison where he rushed for well over 3,000 yards and in the first quarter of tonight's game set the record for the most rushing yards in Genesee County history.
Clarkston will travel to West Ottawa at likely 7pm on Friday night. Stay tuned on The D Zone for official confirmation.