- 06/10/17CampGrand Valley State(Football)
- 04/22/17VisitNotre Dame(Football)
- 04/04/17VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 01/29/17OfferMichigan State(Football)
- 01/29/17VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 12/16/16OfferBall State(Football)
- 11/30/16OfferKent State(Football)
- 11/15/16OfferEastern Michigan(Football)
- 10/22/16OfferBowling Green State(Football)
- 09/24/16VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 09/10/16VisitWestern Michigan(Football)
- 06/17/16OfferWestern Michigan(Football)
- 06/17/16CampWestern Michigan(Football)
- 06/05/16CampCentral Michigan(Football)
- 06/05/16OfferCentral Michigan(Football)
- River Rouge 2022 DT Markee Jones was offered by Liberty
- Harbor Beach 2021 QB Dylan Kadar has committed to Alma
- North Muskegon 2021 RB/S Colin Schotts has committed to Alma
- Flint Beecher 2022 WR/OLB/MLB James Cummings II was offered by Lawr...
- Grand Blanc 2022 MLB/TE Cross Dobbs was offered by Saginaw Valley S...
Grand Rapids Catholic Central grad Jalen Mayfield drafted #68 overall in the 2021 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons
Grand Rapids Catholic Central 2018 OT Jalen Mayfield was drafted #68 overall (#4 pick in the 3rd round) by the Atlanta Falcons.
The 6'5 326 lbs OT previously played for the Michigan Wolverines from 2018-2019 but decided to focus on his draft preparation and opted out of the 2020 Fall football season.
Mayfield began his high school career as a TE/DE before making the switch to OT where he helped GRCC win two State Titles.
ESPN said this about Mayfield, "Mayfield is a big right tackle and strong drive blocker who gets good push in the run game. He has short arms for a tackle prospect. He's a better run-blocker than pass-blocker at this point. However, Mayfield moves well on tape and is just 20 years old, so he has the potential to make strides and develop into a starter in time." -- Steve Muench
- Recruiting Activity
- Player Analysis
8/23/17: Mayfield caught our eyes 3 years ago as an exciting TE/DE prospect. Obviously, in 1-2 years a kid will begin to grow and develop his skills. Mayfield developed into a dangerous Offensive Tackle prospect while still playing basketball, so he hasn't been able to fully maximize his weight and strength for the position and that's just scary to think about for their opponents this upcoming year.
College interest: Mayfield currently holds 16 offers. He committed to Minnesota but flipped soon after Michigan offered. Mayfield committed to Michigan in May.