- 02/06/19SignedGrand Valley State(Football)
- 01/18/19CommittedGrand Valley State(Football)
- 12/05/18OfferGrand Valley State(Football)
- 08/20/18CommittedMarshall (Preferred Walk-On)(Football)
- 04/20/18VisitBoston College(Football)
- 12/09/17OfferSeton Hill(Football)
- 09/23/17VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 07/29/17CampTemple University(Football)
- 06/23/17VisitGrand Valley State(Football)
- 06/22/17CampNorthern Illinois(Football)
- 06/21/17VisitIndiana State(Football)
- 06/19/17CampWest Virginia(Football)
- 06/17/17CampOhio State(Football)
- 06/16/17CampWayne State(Football)
- 06/10/17CampNorth Carolina(Football)
- 06/04/17CampWayne State(Football)
- 12/10/16VisitCentral Michigan(Football)
- 10/08/16VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 06/17/16CampOhio State(Football)
- 04/23/16VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 03/24/16VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 06/19/15CampWestern Michigan(Football)
- Cass Tech 2021 OG L’Cier Luter has committed to Northern Colorado
- Port Huron 2021 WR/CB Nijere Finney has committed to Grand Valley S...
- River Rouge 2021 WR Dejon Mayes received a roster spot from Luther
- Grand Blanc 2021 WR/KR/PR/CB Jonah Meleski has committed to Saginaw...
- Traverse City Central 2021 RB/S/LS Austin Bills has committed to Sa...
Father & Son duo discuss playing in the East vs. West Game & more (Story)
Austin Brown entered high school by being a well known name, in the Spring of his 8th grade school year, Brown was one of three 2019 high school graduates to receive a Division 1 offer from Akron.
Brown immediately made his mark, starting as a Freshman for one of the state's historically elite programs, Detroit Catholic Central. Brown led the Shamrocks to the Division 1 title game in 2016 but an ankle injury kept him out of the game vs. Cass Tech. Brown would leave CC over the off-season to enroll in his hometown's HS, Madison High School.
Austin's father, Jimmy Brown is the Athletic Director at Madison and had an incredible prep career as well, as the 6' 195 lbs RB rushed for 3,669 yards and scored 57 TD's which broke all of the Madison records at the time in 1992.
Austin Brown entered Madison in his junior season and in the first half of his first game, he was 18-20 for 352 yards and 8 touchdown passes. Austin Brown only improved from there as he concluded his career with 126 total touchdowns and led Madison to the 2018 D7 Final where they lost a thriller to New Lothrop.
Austin discussed the motivation of meeting & exceeding his Dad's legacy at MHS, "You always want to be the best at what you do and I wanted to be the best," said Brown. "My dad was the man and still is to this day so the only thing I can do is be the best me and the best person I can be. I have dreams of the NFL and I work hard to make and get myself ready for that everyday. I am proud of myself for what I’ve done so far but the best is yet to come. Naturally I was just born with that competitiveness and hungry attitude."
Jimmy Brown was able to see first hand the success of his son and commented on how proud he is of Austin's accomplishments, "I think people just expected him to always do well, and the numbers he put up at every level were just insane. I thought I was good in high school, being All-State and stuff, but he did things that we probably won’t see in a long time, and now, he’s averaging over 22 points a game in hoops through 17 games! And to top it all off, baseball is his best sport! I’m excited to see him at GVSU!"
"A lot of people want to see that 6’5 guy, but the people that didn’t get to see what Austin did for the teams he’s played on definitely missed out on something special! I’m his dad, and sometimes I just had to shake my head at his composure at such a young age! Very thankful for his experience at CC, with Coach Mach, Mr. Babicz and the rest of Shamrock Nation! They really took good care of him. His heart was just at home, and we're very lucky that he came back home! He took Madison Athletics to an entirely different level!"
This past week, through nominations on The D Zone's website, Austin Brown was selected by the East coaches of the MHSFCA/The D Zone East vs. West All-Star game which will be played at Saginaw Valley State on June 22nd.
Brown who was All-State as a senior and The D Zone's highest ranked D-II commit at #52 overall in the class of 2019, was also the coaching staffs first choice at QB for the East vs. West game. Brown provided his thoughts on having the opportunity to play in the game, "It means a lot and it's a big opportunity, leaving my mark on high school football. I plan to put on a show and play like I never have before. I'm going to rep my family and school the best way I can. I know a lot of people will be there for me and I can’t wait to represent and show them how much I appreciate them. I am excited to play, to say the least.
Jimmy Brown had the opportunity to play in the game in 1992, so he knows how special it is to be selected to play in the game, "It was one of the best athletic experiences I have ever had," said Brown. "Back then it was at MSU, and there were some big time players that played in the game. Derrick Mason was on our team and Randy Kinder, who played at Notre Dame, was on the West Team. There were several guys that played in the NFL, and having the chance to play with them was really cool. Memories that have lasted me a lifetime! I think we might have been at MSU for a few more days than they are doing now, but there are a lot of guys that I still talk to, to this day! The food was great, the gear was awesome, and I still have some of it 26 years later, including the game Jersey."
- Recruiting Activity
- 02/17/2019Father & Son duo discuss playing in the East vs. West Game & more (Story)
- 01/18/2019Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown has committed to Grand Valley State
- 12/05/2018Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown was offered by Grand Valley State
- 11/28/2018Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown has decommitted from Marshall (Story)
- 08/26/2018Prospects Recap from Madison Heights vs. Center Line (Story)
- 05/31/2018Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown was offered by Colgate (Story)
- 03/30/2018Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown was offered by Dartmouth (Story)
- 03/19/2018Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown is visiting MAC program tomorrow (Story)
- 02/06/2018Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown was offered by Cornell (Story)
- 12/09/2017Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown was offered by Seton Hill
- 11/11/2017Friday night Division 7 Round 3 2017 Playoffs Recap, 2 games decided by 3 points
- 10/23/2017Madison Heights beats rival Lamphere to complete undefeated regular season on Friday
- 10/15/2017Madison football continues streak of qualifying for playoffs
- 09/28/2017Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown visits AAC Program on 9/30/2017
- 09/19/2017Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown visits in-state Big 10 program on 9/23/2017
- 09/17/2017Madison 2019 QB Austin Brown has 1,100 yards of offense and 18 TD's in 4 games
- Player Analysis
8/23/2017: After a storied 2 years at Detroit Catholic Central, Austin Brown came home to play at Madison High School. Brown is an extremely dangerous dual-threat QB who can not only run and throw well, but he has a cannon arm.
College interest: Brown was one of three 8th graders at the time to be offered by Akron. He has picked up two other MAC offers since and has heard from a lot of other schools. Colleges will be evaluating him even tougher now that he went to a smaller enrolled high school.
- VideosPublished 06/22/2019 by Jeff CorrionPublished 06/20/2019 by Jeff CorrionAttached to Madison Heights Eagles at New Lothrop HornetsPublished 11/24/2018 by Jeff CorrionAttached to Madison Heights Eagles at New Lothrop HornetsPublished 11/24/2018 by Jeff CorrionAttached to Madison Heights Eagles at New Lothrop HornetsPublished 11/24/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 08/30/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 08/30/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 05/28/2018 by Jeff Corrion