- 02/05/14SignedOhio State(Football)
- 07/26/13CampOhio State(Football)
- 01/13/13CommittedOhio State(Football)
- 01/12/13VisitOhio State(Football)
- 12/21/12OfferMississippi State(Football)
- 06/22/12OfferOhio State(Football)
- 06/21/12OfferWest Virginia(Football)
- 06/15/12OfferMichigan State(Football)
- Chippewa Valley 2024 OT/DT/OG/LS Davonta Love is visiting Eastern M...
- Chippewa Valley 2024 OT/DT/OG/LS Davonta Love is visiting Toledo on...
- Orchard Lake Saint Mary's 2026 CB/WR/KR/PR Aj Marks is visiting Lou...
- Brighton 2024 K Braeden Chiles is visiting Eastern Michigan on 03/2...
- Belleville 2024 MLB/RB Jeremiah Beasley is visiting Michigan on 03/...
Cass Tech / Ohio State S Damon Webb 2018 NFL Combine Results
The 2018 NFL Combine took place earlier this month and 8 Michigan High School Football graduates participated.
Cass Tech / Ohio State Safety Damon Webb graduated from high school in 2014 and had a successful 4-year stint at OSU.
Weight: 209 lbs
Arm Length: 31 1/4"
Hand Length: 8 1/8"
40-Yard Dash: 4.62 seconds
Bench Press (225 lbs): 17 reps
BIO - "Webb is the only returning starter in the Ohio State secondary in 2017, with his three teammates all being selected in the first round of the NFL Draft last April. It's not as though he wasn't a ballyhooed recruit himself; Webb was an all-state pick from Michigan that was among the top 50 prospects in the 2014 draft class. Big Ten coaches underestimated his play last fall, only giving him honorable mention notice despite his 61 tackles, two for loss, team-high five interceptions, three pass breakups, and two fumble recoveries. Despite his talent, the Buckeyes' depth in the secondary kept him off the field in his first two years on the team. He played in eight games in the 2014 national title season (three tackles, one pass breakup, forced fumble) and seven games in 2015 (seven tackles) as the team's regular bevy of pro-caliber defensive backs kept him down the depth chart. Webb moved from corner to safety in the spring of 2016, however, opening up a door to a job where he could use his straight-line speed, coverage skills, and physical brand of play. He was voted honorable mention all-conference by Big Ten coaches as a junior, starting all 13 games, recording 57 tackles, two for loss, an interception, and three pass breakups."
Overview - "Cornerback-turned-safety with limited speed and athletic ability, but solid football intelligence. Webb is a two-year starter who failed to post much production until this season. His play continued to improve as he got more comfortable at the position, and he may still have improvement ahead. However, he lacks the makeup speed and cover talent teams look for from free safeties and he doesn't have the size to handle work near the box. Webb would benefit from finding a zone-heavy, two-deep fit."
Strengths - "Opportunistic, Grabbed five interceptions this season and has two career pick-sixes, Defensive MVP of the Cotton Bowl against Sam Darnold and USC, Had three interceptions over his final five games, Showed improvement year over year at safety, Responded faster to quarterback's clues as season went on, Productive tackler in both seasons as starter, Quick and consistent tackles to limit yards after catch, and Good downhill depth in run support to limit cutback angles for runners."
Weaknesses - "Undersized with narrow waist and the build of a cornerback, Below average athletic ability, Lacks fluidity in his change of direction, Tight-hipped, Struggles to flip and sprint when squatting on routes, Gets grabby in coverage, Will struggle to handle man coverage responsibilities against speedy receivers who climb up to his level, Shows some confusion against combo routes, Chase speed is dull, and Fast running backs leave his pursuit angles ineffective." - NFL.com
- Recruiting Activity
- 04/16/2020ex-Cass Tech grad Damon Webb signs with Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL (Story)
- 08/09/2018Michigan HS players from NFL Preseason Week 1 game, Green Bay vs. Tennessee
- 04/16/2018Cass Tech/Ohio State S Damon Webb took a Top 30 Visit to New England (Story)
- 03/28/2018Cass Tech / Ohio State S Damon Webb 2018 NFL Combine Results
- 02/11/2018Cass Tech/Ohio State S Damon Webb was invited to the 2018 NFL Draft Combine (Story)
- 12/29/2017Cass Tech / Ohio State S Damon Webb has Pick-Six in Cotton Bowl
- 08/31/2013Webb and Weber lead Cass Tech past Southfield
- 01/13/2013Cass Tech 2014 DB Damon Webb talks Ohio State commitment