- 02/04/15SignedWestern Michigan(Football)
- 04/19/14CommittedWestern Michigan(Football)
- 03/03/14OfferBall State(Football)
- 02/13/14VisitMichigan State(Football)
- 02/12/14OfferWestern Michigan(Football)
- 01/25/14OfferCentral Michigan(Football)
- 11/30/13VisitBall State(Football)
- Detroit King 2021 DE Esean Carter was offered by Central Michigan
- Grand Rapids Christian 2020 QB Eason Hardouin is visiting Wisconsin...
- Grand Rapids Christian 2020 QB Eason Hardouin is visiting Mount Uni...
- West Ottawa 2021 WR Blake Bosma is visiting Western Michigan on 09/...
- The D Zone's Top 200 Michigan High School Week 3 Football Rankings
Western Michigan adds East Kentwood OL John Keenoy
The Western Michigan University Broncos are fresh off of their impressive Class of 2014 recruiting that brought in a ton of recognition by national media sources. P.J. Fleck wasn't able to carry his recruiting momentum into wins on the field but that didn't slow down the recruiting for Western Michigan. Under Fleck, the Broncos have gone back to basics and revved up their efforts recruiting in Michigan. The Broncos already had 3 instate commit, as well as 2 out of state commits according to Bronco Blitz, that number went up 1 when East Kentwood 2015 OL John Keenoy committed to Western Michigan. The offensive lineman is rated as a 3 star prospect according to Rivals.com and highly regarded, as other schools were interested in Keenoy. Nearly 2 months following the offer from Western Michigan, Keenoy was ready to commit over the weekend.
East Kentwood 2015 OL John Keenoy has just committed to Western Michigan University.
— The D Zone (@TheD_Zone) April 19, 2014
Western Michigan under P.J. Fleck is certainly a program on the rise and Keenoy can sense that, "It feels great to be going to a place that wants me as much as I want them," said Keenoy when asked how it felt committing to WMU. "I've been their multiple times and each time I catch something new. I just can't wait to start Rowing The Boat!"
John Keenoy too has noticed the impact of Fleck, which is something about Western Michigan that has stood out to him, "Coach Fleck and the dedication his staff put in to recruiting me stands out most to me." said Keenoy when responding to what has stood out about the campus in Kalamazoo. "They called me at 12:02AM on the 15th the first time they could talk to me. They also make every time I'm up on campus special."
Speaking of Kalamazoo, which is the city that Western Michigan University is located in. Kalamazoo sits a mere 48 miles away from East Kentwood with a quick drive down 131. Playing close to home definitely effected Keenoy's decision as he would go on to say, "I love the fact that my family and friends can watch me play."
The Broncos already have 2 former schoolmates of Keenoy on campus, well 1 more next year now that Elliot Jordan a Class of 2014 grad and offensive line teammate of Keenoy has signed with Western Michigan. Keenoy described the impact, Elliot Jordan had on him committing to Western Michigan, "Elliot was probably Western's biggest recruiter for me. Anything I needed to know he'd answer. Plus it's nice to have 2 former teammates now up there with Elliot and Jon Henery"
As for the campus and the things that Keenoy enjoys about the campus, he would respond, "The facility's are great. The coaching staff is amazing and all of the players are cool guys. Seems like a close family." As for what the Western Michigan University coaches like about the way he plays, Keenoy replied, "They like the nastiness I play with on the field and how I finish blocks!"
John Keenoy was able to visit the campus over the weekend and made up his mind prior to commiting, based on the reactions of the WMU staff. Keenoy described the moment he committed to Western Michigan, "Well my family and I wrapped up a shirt as a present and gave it to Coach Fleck. When he opened it and read it he jumped out his car to congratulate me. Also as soon as I opened the door the Recruiting Coordinator lifted me up and was so excited."
With a highly recruiting class in place and another starting to form, Keenoy shared his goals for what he and his future teammates hope to accomplish, "We hope to win multiple MAC championships and make Western Michigan a nationally recognized place!"
Now that a huge weight is lifted off of John Keenoy's back and he doesn't need to worry about who is visiting him at school or going to offer him, Keenoy discussed what his plans are leading up to Signing Day, "I can focus on baseball, and working on helping my football team make a run at the state championship!"
- Recruiting Activity
- 04/27/2019East Kentwood / Western Michigan OL John Keenoy signed as UDFA with Minnesota Vikings
- 07/11/2017Duo of MAC Lineman, John Keenoy and Austin Doan selected for 2017 Rimington Trophy Watchlist
- 04/20/2014Western Michigan adds East Kentwood OL John Keenoy
- 04/19/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy has committed to Western Michigan
- 03/08/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy is visiting Illinois on 03/08/2014
- 03/07/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy is visiting Purdue on 03/07/2014
- 03/03/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy was offered by Ball State
- 02/13/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy is visiting Michigan State on 02/13/2014
- 02/12/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy was offered by Western Michigan
- 02/10/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy was offered by Toledo
- 02/01/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy is visiting Buffalo on 02/01/2014
- 01/27/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy was offered by Buffalo
- 01/25/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy was offered by Central Michigan
- 01/19/2014East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy is visiting Toledo on 01/19/2014
- 11/30/2013East Kentwood 2015 OC John Keenoy is visiting Ball State on 11/30/2013