- Dexter 2023 RB/WR Cole Cabana was offered by Temple University
- Dexter 2023 RB/WR Cole Cabana is visiting Michigan State on 10/17/2021
- Flint Beecher 2022 OT/DT Devin Runnels is visiting Northwood on 10/...
- Flint Beecher 2022 OT/DT Devin Runnels is visiting Michigan State o...
- Detroit King 2023 DE Messiah Blair was offered by Northern Illinois
Week 1 Student Section Showdown 2017, Power Rankings
For rules on the contest, view them here
We have reviewed all submits that were sent to us through: #TheDZone #SSS on Twitter through 1 week. We have broken through the hashtags and have released a top 10 list, in order of schools who have submitted. Remember these are Power Rankings, so they are heavily judged on what we received this past week and not from submits in the past.
This competition is heavily influenced by which student sections follow the rules and demonstrate their school pride.
The D Zone has announced plans for a new website which is slated to be released today, Thursday August 31st and we'll soon have plans to tie in our new website and this particular competition so keep eyes out for both announcements. For week 2 we encourage all student sections to continue tweeting their pictures; pre, during, and post game using the hashtags #TheDZone #SSS and either mention your student section account or name your high school, so we can identify.
1. Stoney Creek - The Cougars faithful made a short drive to Sterling Heights to see their Cougars knock off Henry Ford II. Stoney Creek's, SCHS Core are the reigning 2016 Student Section Showdown winners and have set the bar high to start 17'.
2. Rochester - The Falcons despite being the road team at their heated in-city rivals, Rochester Adams, produced a quality week 1 and the Soldiers of Fortune didn't skip a beat from a strong 2016 campaign.
3. Rochester Adams - The Cumm Zone rounds out the Rochester trifecta of top 3 in the rankings. Make no mistake despite not a strong quantity week 1 that Adams will be near the top all year.
4. Grand Blanc - Grand Blanc began a new era in week 1 and many students made the short drive up to downtown Flint's Atwood Stadium. GB was the inaugural Student Section Showdown winners.
5. Eisenhower - The Eagles were impossible to defeat in bonus points in 2016, but didn't translate into weekly success in submits for the contest. Ike faithful made the drive to Wayne State and had a few good submits.
6. Davison - The Cardinals students had a roller coaster type game in week 1 down at Wayne State but that didn't stop the Genesee county school from showing in a large group and submit for the contest.
7. Chippewa Valley - No student section competition is complete without the Rowdy Red Zone. The Big Reds faithful are the only defending champions and for their standards didn't have a great week for being a home team, but it was week 1.
8. Gibraltar Carlson - The Marauder Mosh Pit was in mid-season form for an away game, but lacks quantity of submits.
9. Bedford - The Mules are a defending champion and have remained in discussion through the years, but lacks quantity of submits in week 1.
10. DeWitt - DHS Student Section made a strong impression on their trip to Grand Rapids, but lacked in quantity of submits.