- Redford Union 2023 QB Cory Chavis received a roster spot from Westm...
- The D Zone’s Tate Myre 2022 Final Player of the Year Rankings
- Detroit Catholic Central head coach, Dan Anderson has retired
- West Bloomfield 2024 CB/WR Jamir Benjamin has committed to Stanford
- Redford Union 2023 QB Cory Chavis was offered by Virginia Universit...
The D Zone takes a look at the State Finals history for the Division 3 teams, Harrison and Muskegon
Muskegon leads the state in State Championships and is heavily favored to win one again in 2017. In total the Big Reds have 17 total state titles with 5 being won in the playoffs (1986, 1989, 2004, 2006, and 2008) and 12 "mythical" state championships that were voted on by various media companies in; 1920, 1921, 1923, 1926-1928, 1936-1937, 1942, 1944, 1951, 1971, and 1974.
We are living history as John Herrington, Farmington Hills Harrison only head coach surpassed 431 wins to become the winningest coach in the history of the state this year. Harrison will look for their 14th title this year as they have 13 state titles in the playoff era and no mythical state titles. Harrison has won their titles in; 1981, 1982, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997-2001, and 2010. Harrison has 4 runner-up appearances.
Summary in State Finals:
Farmington Hills Harrison 13-4