- University of Detroit Jesuit 2021 S/WR Elijah Rikard was offered by...
- Wyandotte Roosevelt 2021 QB Jalin Pitchford was offered by Cornell
- Wyandotte Roosevelt 2021 QB Jalin Pitchford was offered by Pennsylv...
- Stoney Creek 2020 MLB Nick Potenza has committed to Wayne State
- Mt. Clemens 2020 QB/S/WR Tayshaun Peterson is visiting Army on 02/2...
The D Zone's predictions and breakdown of Division 4 - Round 4
Division 4 Round 4 Overview: Grand Rapids Catholic Central, the defending champions knocked out Escanaba last year, they'll rematch in the semi's and Edwardsburg and River Rouge will be a great game.
Last weeks predictions: 3-1 (10-2 Overall)
State-ranked #18 Grand Rapids Catholic Central keeps chugging along as they beat Belding 42-3 last week behind another impressive performance from the state's now leading rusher, Nolan Fugate who rushed for just under 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Escanaba offense has heated up a few degrees these past 3 weeks as they'll look to continue their success vs. the defending D4 champions.
Prediction: Grand Rapids Catholic Central 35-14
Explanation: GRCC is a strong team all-around, but it's clear they're rallying around Nolan Fugate, particularly in the Districts. Having a dangerous weapon only frees up the offense to be more balanced.
Pre-season Rankings: Grand Rapids Catholic Central #24
#20 River Rouge will face off vs. Edwardsburg in a battle of heavyweights. The Eddies were 2-3 plays away from sending Muskegon home last year
Prediction: River Rouge 33-30
Explanation: Both teams have the athletes and personnel to exploit the other where it hurts. This is the semi-final of two teams who deserve to be playing for a state title.
Pre-season Rankings: River Rouge #20