- Byron Center 2021 MLB Austin Roon has committed to Syracuse
- Romulus 2021 S/WR Christian Chambers received a roster spot from No...
- Traverse City Central 2021 RB/S/LS Austin Bills was offered by Valp...
- Petoskey 2021 RB/WR Brody Woods was offered by Valparaiso University
- Stoney Creek 2021 DT/OG Kevarr Ellis was offered by Lake Erie College
The D Zone predicts the Clarkston vs. West Ottawa & Canton vs. Catholic Central game
#15 Clarkston didn't pass once in their win over Davison on Saturday night as Josh Cantu ran wild with 250+ yards and 4 touchdowns. Clarkston will be happy to be back on turf and with a 1pm game at #21 West Ottawa - unless it's snowing, Clarkston has seen it all. #21 West Ottawa did the unthinkable as this team of destiny defeated Rockford twice this year which hasn't happened in over 20 years. Xavier Wade is the best receiver in Division 1 that no one knows about. Fortunately for the
Prediction: Clarkston 23-18
#17 Canton will host #19 Catholic Central in a battle of heavyweights. Canton is fresh off winning the toughest district in the state as they beat state-ranked teams, Saline and Belleville. Since what appears to be a fluke blowout loss in week 1, Canton has responded by winning 10 straight and is currently playing their best. Like in the years past a strong Canton team runs into Catholic Central who has beaten Canton in all 5 of their meetings. Both teams are going to run the ball straight at the other and blend in their play-action passes, so it really could come down to which team has the ball last. Canton has had a tough path getting to Round 3 so we don't see them stopping now.
Prediction: Canton 27-21