- Muskegon 2022 DE Demetrius Walker was offered by Central Michigan
- Muskegon 2022 CB/WR Myles Walton was offered by Central Michigan
- Grosse Pointe South 2020 CB/KR Grant Hart is visiting Miami on 01/2...
- Grosse Pointe South 2020 CB/KR Grant Hart is visiting Ball State on...
- Mattawan 2019 WR/OLB Luke Johnson is visiting Saginaw Valley State ...
The D Zone predicts the Catholic Central vs. Lakeland & Belleville vs. Canton game
District 1 - #19 Detroit Catholic Central at Lakeland: Both teams cruised in their Round 1 playoff games. Both teams style of play is physical and in your face, so it will be interesting to see how Lakeland responds to playing a similar team to them. Catholic Central has been in this situation before, they haven't lost this early in the playoffs since 2008 to an elite Livonia Stevenson team.
Prediction: Catholic Central 17-3
District 2 - #17 Canton at #5 Belleville: This game by some is considered one of the best in the state and for good reason. Belleville has been in absolute cruise control up until last week, they beat Salem 17-7 so they'll need to be prepared for a strong Canton team who has the pieces necessary to keep Belleville's defense on the field longer and wear them down, while keeping the Tigers quick strike offense on the bench. Canton didn't fare well vs. the last athletic team they faced in Mona Shores in week 1, so it all depends if Belleville like Mona Shores can insert their game-plan into action.
Prediction: Belleville 20-13