Super 11 in Michigan, August Week 2 - The 100's Club, teams with 100+ wins the last 10 yea
10 years is a long time for a program to maintain remarkable success. We'll highlight the ones who are in the 100's Club which are the teams who have won more than 100 games in the past 10 seasons.
The Super 11 is a weekly feature done by The D Zone to highlight 11 key points throughout the week or in general related to Michigan High School Sports.
Ithaca celebrating their 2015 D6 state title
1. Ithaca, 118-10
- The Yellowjackets stay atop the 100's Club and even add 1 extra win for 118. Ithaca won 5 D6 titles in this span, including 4 in a row and 69 games won in a row.
2. West Catholic, 111-21
- The Falcons soar up to a few spots as they have won 4 D5 titles in a row and 5 overall in the past 10 seasons.
3. Lowell, 109-19
- Since East Grand Rapids dynasty run and Drake Harris at GRC, you can count on Lowell winning their division and then when the playoffs begin, Lowell contending for the D2 title where Lowell won D2 in 2009 vs. Inkster.
4. Mendon, 105-16
- Mendon's only losses since 2011 are from teams on this list as the Southwest Michigan program went undefeated, 14-0, in their 2 D8 title wins in 2011 and 2007.
5. Menominee, 105-22
- The Maroons out of the Upper Peninsula have been dominant and probably would have more wins if not for West Catholic who they beat in the semi's in 2007 before winning the D5 title. Since then West Catholic is 7-0 vs. Menominee.
6. Muskegon Catholic Central, 104-24
- MCC has owned D8 in recent years as they have won the last 4 D8 titles and also won it in 2008.
7. Cass Tech, 103-22
- Cass Tech is the highest enrolled school to crack this list and that is an incredible accomplishment considering their playoff path is often the toughest. They have won 3 D1 titles in this span.
8. Muskegon, 103-24
- The Big Reds are the most winningest team all-time in Michigan and the city of Muskegon has continued to produce talented players. Muskegon won their last D2 title in 2008 and have appeared in 4 others since ranging from D2 to D3.
9. Beal City, 102-24
- The Aggies won the D8 title in 2008 and appeared in 2 other finals. Mostly all of Beal City's seasons have ended in regionals or semi's.
10. DeWitt, 101-19
- DeWitt has long been regarded as one of the top squads from the Lansing area. DeWitt reached the D3 finals in 2013 and lost in 3 semi-finals during the stretch.
11. Climax-Scotts, 100-15
- Climax-Scotts was 1 win away from making the list last year but accomplished their feat in 2016 by going 11-1 for the 2nd year in a row. The furthest the Panthers have been able to advance was the D8 semi-finals in 2007.
Bonus: 2 who shot to the top, round out the 13
Loyola and Pewamo-Westphalia both entered 2016 with 94 and 92 wins respectively. A huge year for both shot them to the 100's Club. Coincidentally the two met in the 2016 D7 title where P-W won.
Ithaca - 118-10 (117 wins last year)
West Catholic - 111-21 (107 last year)
Lowell - 109-19 (107 last year)
Mendon - 105-16 (100 last year)
Menominee - 105-22 (107 last year)
Muskegon Catholic Central - 104-24 (102 last year)
Cass Tech 103-22 (96 last year)
Muskegon - 103-24 (105 last year)
Beal City - 102-24 (104 last year)
DeWitt - 101-19 (102 last year)
Climax-Scotts - 100-15 (99 last year)
Loyola - 100-21 (94 last year)
Pewamo-Westphalia - 100-22 (92 last year)
*8 man - Crystal Falls Forest Park - 101-23 (103 last year)
Marine City - 99-19 (106 wins last year)
Ishpeming - 98-22 (103 last year)
Traverse City Saint Francis - 98-23
Lumen Christi 98-23
Rockford - 97-24 (102 last year)
Detroit Catholic Central - 97-29
Saint Mary's - 96-32
New Lothrop - 96-20 (100 last year)
Zeeland West - 96-22 (102 last year)
East Grand Rapids - 95-26 (100 last year)