- River Rouge 2021 OT Chance Moore has committed to Morgan State
- Schoolcraft 2021 QB/CB Alex Thole was offered by Findlay
- Southfield A&T 2021 WR/CB/KR/PR Jeff Bowens Jr was offered by Findlay
- Davison 2021 DE/TE Harrison "Harry" Unger was offered by Findlay
- Flint Beecher 2021 S/QB/WR Jacoby Sanders was offered by Findlay
Herrington alone on top with win No. 431
He entered the night as one of the best.
He exited as the greatest ever.
When the Farmington Hills Harrison football team pulled what some considered an upset of Oak Park High last weekend, Oct. 13 officially became one that would live in MHSAA infamy.
Sure, nothing was guaranteed.
Yes, games are played on the field and not decided by a team’s record at any given moment.
But when John Herrington led his Hawks to a 17-14 victory over Oak Park on Oct. 6, this warm and clear Friday night in Farmington Hills became destined for the history books.
And by 9:15 p.m., without a hint of drama, a revision was made and a new name stood alone.
“It’s great,” Herrington said ever-so simply after his team beat Berkley High at home 39-0. The win pushed Herrington’s career victory total to 431, one better than former Royal Oak Shrine and Birmingham Brother Rice legend Al Fracassa. “The best part is seeng all these guys back here to celebrate, guys from the 70s and so on. It’s pretty special.”