- DeWitt 2021 OLB/LS/RB Blake Beachnau received a preferred walk-on f...
- Troy 2021 K/P Ryan Peluso has committed to Central Michigan
- Woodhaven 2022 S/WR Cornell Perry was offered by Syracuse
- Hemlock 2021 MLB Brayden Green has committed to Northwood
- Wyoming 2021 DT/DE Tyree Evans-Davis has committed to Trinity Inter...
Davison head coach, Kyle Zimmerman, steps down
Kyle Zimmerman is stepping down from Davison High School after a successful 4-year stint at the Genesee County program. In his 4 years at Davison, the Cardinals went 28-13, including 19-3 the past 2 seasons.
Prior to taking over at Davison, the Cardinals were average at best with 2 playoff appearances in 2010 and 2012 and irrelevant among Division 1 playoff teams. In Zimmerman's 2nd season the Cardinals reached the playoffs and were competitive in their loss to a heavily favored Lapeer team and that was the last time Davison lost to their neighbors.
Zimmerman had a successful 5-year career as Notre Dame Prep's head coach from 2009 to 2013 where the Fighting Irish had some of their best seasons in school history including going 10-1 in 2011 with a school record 409 points scored.
On Tuesday afternoon, Coach Zimmerman informed The D Zone of his decision to step down from coaching at Davison, "I’ve given everything I have to the kids that have laid it on the line for me since 2008 and I’ve neglected myself," said Zimmerman. "It’s time I get myself together so that I can be the best version of me for me and the best father possible to my first child that’s due in March."
"With that being said I have nothing but